Track Your Time in Completing A Writing

     Posted by:      Posted on - 9:00 AM with No comments

Track your time in completing a writing. Do you track how long you have completed each writing project? Doing so will not only show how much you make per hour but will also provide other great side benefits.

For most of my freelance career, I refused to track my writing time. I worry that it will affect the quality of my writing and, perhaps more importantly, that I will know that I would be better off turning over a burger. Fortunately, I found the opposite. Realizing that the clock was ticking, forced me to jump directly into the story instead of trying to find the perfect opening. It also helps me stay focused on writing, which means that I get more writing done in a shorter period of time. I am also motivated to stay on track so that I can stay within a certain income range. When I started to slow down, I knew it was time to stop to rest. There is no point in forcing yourself to keep going because that's when the quality becomes very dramatic.

What surprised me most was that this process had made me see time differently. Because I have two other careers, my writing sessions are often limited. In the past I looked at the clock and thought, "What's the point. I only have half an hour. "I felt it was long enough to warm my body. Now I look at the same thirty minutes and ask myself the important question: "Which part of my story can I do?" In this way, I can fix a weak start, or an awkward end, and often both. Besides that, I better not let interference stop me, especially when I'm in the flow. My favorite response now is: "Can he wait? I only need a few more minutes."

Tracking your writing time will also help you determine how long you might need to complete the project requested by the client or whether it is worth doing in the first place. For example, I have found that it takes about five hours to write 1,000-word short stories for children's magazines. This means that for $100 a story I make $20 per hour. When I have an idea for a magazine that only pays $50 per story, I know I will work with a minimum wage.
tracking your writing time to completing an article

Tracking your writing time to completing an article.

I still write the story, but I do two things to help increase that number:
  1. I write with more focus, shave 30 minutes than usual, and
  2. I ask for more money and receive $75. This means that hourly rates I increased from $10 to $16.67.
Tracking your writing time is as simple as using a timer or recording the time when you start and end each writing session. Then, transfer your total into a four-column spreadsheet with titles for: Title, Writing Time, Date, and Note (optional). After your story is complete, add your daily total and voila! When you sell your story, you will know exactly how much you make per hour.

The Secret of Making Money Online by Writing for Others

And how much do I make with this article? I wrote in short bursts which numbered about two hours, so I got $25 per hour. Not bad for someone who has never mastered the art of turning burgers! Even though these numbers may not make me rich overnight, this is a good starting point to help me set goals that will increase my bottom line on the road while increasing my efficiency and productivity.
Thank you for reading Track Your Time in Completing A Writing.
Give your star rates

and share the benefits of this article to your family, friends and business partner onyour social media:

Looking for more reference about Track Your Time in Completing A Writing?
Go to Google, Bing, Yahoo to find more best reference from other bloggers on the results.
read rate share About Us: The Read Rate Share blog was built by Richard Reader, a blogger who lives in Bali with his beloved daughter and wife. For those of you who want to share the benefits of your experience through writing, he invites you to share it on the guest post page.
Let me know the benefits you got after read this "Track Your Time in Completing A Writing" article. Make sure you have given your rating stars above and share to your social media account. Let friends get the same benefits there, from you.